- 55+ sports and 2,000+ betting markets.
- More than 25,000 live betting events each month.
- Wide range of deposit and withdrawal options.
- Easy-to-use mobile betting app.
- No live streaming.
- No loyalty program.
- The betting app is only for Android users.
- The FAQ section can be a little more comprehensive.
Betting Software: DraftKings
Extra Features: Bonuses, Casino, Mobile App, VIP Programme
Payment Methods: Paysafecard, PayPal, Skrill, MasterCard, Visa
- A welcome bonus that you can trigger with crypto deposits too
- Great collection of promos for existing customers
- User-friendly website layout
- Wide range of deposit and withdrawal options
- Sports selection can be better
- Withdrawals limited to one in seven days
- No mobile betting app
- No live streaming
Extra Features: Tournaments, Casino, VIP Programme
Payment Methods: ecoPayz, American Express, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Paysafecard, MasterCard, Visa
- Bet on 35 sports from all over the world.
- Mobile betting app.
- Enticing 100% First Deposit Bonus.
- No bonuses for existing customers.
- Betting site layout seems outdated.
- The FAQ section gives you very little info.
Extra Features: Tournaments, Casino, Live Streaming, Odds Boost, Mobile App
Payment Methods: MasterCard, Visa
Analyze the Bookmaker's License & Security
The first thing that we check is the license and security information. We make sure to list only licensed and regulated betting websites, as they are the safest on the market. The gaming sites must also utilize the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology.
Make Sure the Odds Are Good
Next up we look into the betting odds to see whether they are good enough for wagering. The greater the odds, the better the site's chances of being listed. This is an important step, as a site with good betting odds tends to be more rewarding.
Check the Promotions Page
The list of promotions is also analyzed, as we make sure to find betting websites with a wide range of bonuses. They must also be very rewarding and have easy wagering requirements. It is preferable if the site offers a welcome bonus and free bets.
Test the Available Payment Methods
Our team of experts makes sure to test the available payment options. That way we can figure out whether they feature fast processing times and decent limits. Online sportsbooks that don't charge additional fees are being prioritized.
Test the Mobile Compatibility
Whether the site is optimized for mobile betting is another crucial factor we consider when reviewing an eSports betting website. Betting from a mobile device is a rising trend, and we make sure to list mobile-friendly sites. We also test the betting experience on a mobile device.
Place Bets and Cash Out
Lastly, we make sure to test the sportsbook by placing several eSports bets. That way, we can make sure that the platform offers a good wagering experience. The last step is to withdraw the winnings to find out whether the whole process is easy and fast.
Pros & Cons of Betting at South Africa eSports Betting Sites
Betting at the eSports betting websites in South Africa comes with several advantages and disadvantages. Below we list some of the best and worst features for wagering on these sites.
- Competitive good odds
- eSports betting is super easy
- They provide a fun and entertaining experience
- You can claim free bets and other bonuses
- Safe and secure platforms
- Could be a problem if you bet on too many teams
- Picking the right eSports betting market can be difficult
- Security can be an issue due to unlicensed operators in SA
eSports Bookmakers vs Football Bookmakers
In this section, we compare eSports sportsbooks with extremely popular football sportsbooks.
There are no human errors such as referee errors
Constant changes in the betting markets
Plenty of unique betting options to choose from
Difficult to bet on a favourite as they often fail to win
Fairly new on the market
Human errors often happen in football betting
There are no betting changes in football
Most betting options are interconnected
The favourites are rarely losing a match
Have been around since the beginning of online betting
Frequently Asked Questions
Are eSports betting sites safe?
Only betting websites that are licensed and regulated by a well-known authority are considered safe for wagering.
What kind of games can I wager on at an eSports betting site?
You can wager on games such as CS: GO, Valorant, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Dota 2, and much more.
What are free bets?
Free bets are a type of bonus offered by sportsbooks that allow you to place a bet on specific sports or eSports titles, free of charge.
Can I place an eSports bet from a mobile device?
Yes, you can. All reputable betting sites have optimized their gambling platforms for mobile use, meaning that you can access them on any mobile device.